Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Gouache Palettes and Paint Storage

My Dick Blick order arrived yesterday - on time and well packed.  The order was 15 tubes of gouache and a modest, sealable palette.

18 well palette opened - the lid serves as a large mixing area

Sealable palette with the lock (bottom) opened


Gouache paints stored in an inexpensive plastic box
And heck yeah, I played with them for a few hours because it is hard to say no to new toys.  I went back over some recent watercolor sketches and either corrected mistakes or made sizable changes.  The colors dry in a slightly unpredictable fashion (lights tend to go darker and darker colors tend to dry lighter), but otherwise I am very happy. I just need to figure out how to keep my thumb from sinking into paint wells and it would be close to perfection.

I will post some more thoughts about the paints over the coming days.  But just so you know, I did number the tubes to correspond to the wells on the palette.  I suppose that is anal retentive, but paints can get muddied and this will simply remove all doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment