Sunday, June 5, 2011

Framing and Formalization

Today I framed a couple of my pastel works.  They've been setting out for over a month, but my wife still said "Wow" when she saw them.




Now she cannot see the scribbles on the borders, the messy color experiments, or the little notes tracking the colors I had used.  It has all been cleaned up with sharp, presentable edges, nicely matching mats, and the outer permanency of a wooden frame.  Wow indeed.

I got the frames from a Missouri framer who lives near Springfield and sells his wares on ebay.  I live in Missouri, so a short shipping distance and time was appealing.  And the prices were very good - well under $30 for the pair.  Once I had them, all I had to do was to use some double-sided tape to affix the art to the mat.  I might have helped if I had gotten a bit larger frame so I could have a bit more mat (especially on the ducks) and I will do better next time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment